ESG Communications Summit West
June 14th 2024, Calgary
About the Event
Canada's leading ESG Communications Summit is coming to Calgary on June 14th, and you're invited to join us for a day of unparalleled insights and networking opportunities. Rub shoulders with industry experts from KPMG Canada, Santander, McDonald's, UN Global Compact Network Canada, Husky Technologies, and more as we delve into the latest trends and strategies in ESG communications.
Book by March 8th to SAVE $200. Group discounts available!
Delve into keynotes and interactive panels exploring the latest trends and challenges in ESG communications.
- Initiating Your ESG Communications Strategy: Uncover the essential steps to kickstart a robust ESG communications strategy.
- Effectively Conveying ESG Efforts to Skeptical Audiences:Learn how to communicate your ESG initiatives persuasively, addressing skepticism and building trust.
- Avoiding Greenwashing Pitfalls:Navigate the complexities of ESG communication to ensure authenticity and transparency.
- ESG from Within: Fostering a Sustainable Culture through Internal Communication: Gain insights into promoting a sustainable culture within your organization through effective internal communication.
- Engaging Stakeholders with ESG: Tools and Tactics for Success:Explore tools and tactics to engage stakeholders effectively in your ESG initiatives.
- Safeguarding Your ESG Narrative: Legal Strategies for Risk Mitigation: Understand legal strategies to mitigate risks and protect the integrity of your ESG narrative.
Don't miss this opportunity to be part of the conversation at the ESG Communications Summit in Calgary. Secure your spot for a day of invaluable insights and networking with industry leaders and experts.
Facts & Figures
Did you now?
- Successful Inaugural Edition: The first edition of the ESG Communications Summit in 2023, held in Toronto, was a remarkable success, having sold out weeks in advance. This positive reception speaks to the event's relevance and the high demand for discussions around ESG communications.The second edition is taking place on April 26th in Toronto.
- Premium Canadian Event: The ESG Communications Summit is Canada's premier event focused on ESG communications. This underscores its significance within the Canadian business and communications landscape, drawing attention from industry leaders and professionals.
- Emphasis on Practical Case Studies: The summit distinguishes itself by its emphasis on practical case studies. Attendees can expect valuable insights and actionable strategies derived from real-world experiences, providing a hands-on and applicable dimension to the discussions on ESG communications.
- Organized by P World: This summit is organized by P World, the same team behind Canada's leading Global PR Summit in Toronto. P World is globally recognized for its expertise, organizing events in 40 countries. In addition to the ESG summit, P World conducts some of the country's most innovative Boot Camps on PR measurement, healthcare communications, and crisis communications.
Tania Ferlin Husky Technologies
Emrul Hasan CARE Canada
Conor Chell KPMG Canada
Elizabeth Dove UN Global Compact Network Canada
Gemma Hinksman McDonald’s Canada
Suzanne Massey Santander
Kelsey Rutherford Sun Life
Brad Duggaraju EY
Registration and Morning Coffee
Navigating the ESG Journey in Canada: Current Insights and Future Directions
Join us for an insightful exploration of the current landscape of ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) practices in Canada. This engaging presentation will delve into the progress made and the challenges that lie ahead in the Canadian ESG ecosystem, shedding light on the importance of Environmental, Social, and Governance factors in shaping sustainable and responsible corporate strategies. Whether you're an industry expert or just beginning your ESG journey, this session will provide valuable insights into where Canada stands and the path forward to a more sustainable future.
Emrul Hasan, Chief Programs Officer, CARE Canada
Walking the Talk: Properly Showcasing Your Brand's Commitment to Purpose
In this presentation, discover practical strategies for effectively showcasing your brand's commitment to purpose. Learn from real-world examples and case studies as we explore the art of aligning brand messaging with genuine actions. From crafting compelling narratives to utilizing diverse communication channels, the session will provide insights on authentically demonstrating your brand's dedication to purpose. Whether you're a marketer, communicator, or business leader, this presentation offers actionable takeaways to elevate your brand's impact and resonate as a purpose-driven entity in the business landscape. Transform rhetoric into meaningful action and make purpose an integral part of your brand identity.
Kelsey Rutherford, Director, Corporate Communications, Sun Life
ESG in Action: McDonald's Case Study and Takeaways
Gemma will guide you through McDonald's transformative journey, offering insights into the challenges, opportunities, and key lessons learned along the way. From innovative solutions in supply chain management to impactful stakeholder engagement strategies, Gemma will dissect the company's sustainable makeover. The session will highlight measurable impacts, key performance indicators, and McDonald's ongoing commitment to ESG, providing a roadmap for organizations seeking to integrate sustainability into their corporate fabric..
Gemma Hinksman, Senior Director, Canada Impact Team, McDonald's Canada
Lunch for Speakers and Delegates
The “S” in ESG: Strategies for Communicating Philanthropic and Community Investment Impact
In this session, we'll explore ideas, best practices, and case studies on fostering mutually beneficial partnerships with nonprofit agencies, ensuring sustainability for both parties while effectively communicating engagement and impact. The presentation, enriched with insights from executive nonprofit leaders and leveraging Standards for Excellence® tools, covers the strategic benefits of aligning with nonprofits focused on communication strategies. Learn how nonprofits actively seek collaborations with businesses to enhance effectiveness and community service, and gain practical strategies to implement criteria for strong internal and external partnerships. Discover how to leverage business resources to contribute value to nonprofit communications, and wrap up with a discussion on using measurement to persuade internal audiences.
Suzanne Massey, Head of Santander Consumer USA Foundation and Corporate Social Responsibility
Inclusive Sustainability: How Internal Communications Can Drive ESG Success
Discover the transformative power of internal communications in achieving ESG success with Tania Ferlin. In this session, Tania, an expert in sustainability and communication strategies, will discuss the pivotal role of inclusive internal communications in aligning organizational values with action. You will learn strategies for engaging stakeholders, empowering employees, and measuring the impact of communication on ESG outcomes. Gain valuable insights to foster a culture of inclusivity, driving sustainable practices and exceeding ESG goals within your organization.
Tania Ferlin, Global Manager of Communications and ESG, Husky Technologies
Measuring What Matters: Metrics and Messaging for ESG Success
Many leading organizations have committed to undertaking initiatives that fall across the ESG spectrum. But which ESG/impact initiatives should companies be measuring, monitoring and reporting on? Not every initiative is material (strong likelihood and strong impact) to an organization. This session will explore at a high level how companies can identify the initiatives most material to their organization, determine which metrics to report on, add data control measures to ensure the accuracy of data, and how best to communicate their progress using data and storytelling.
Brad Duggaraju, Manager at Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCaSS), EY
Networking and Refreshment Break
Navigating Misleading Environmental Claims: Lessons from the EU Ban and Implications for Canadian ESG Communication
Join us for an insightful session on steering clear of misleading environmental claims, drawing lessons from the recent EU ban. Delve into effective strategies for transparent ESG communication, exploring how businesses can learn from the EU example to enhance credibility and align with sustainable practices. Gain valuable insights into the potential impact on the Canadian ESG landscape and discover proactive approaches to avoid pitfalls in environmental messaging. This session is a must for those seeking practical guidance on fostering authenticity and accountability in ESG communications.
Elizabeth Dove, Executive Director, UN Global Compact Network Canada
Panel Discussion: Navigating the Legal Landscape of ESG Communications
Delve into the intricate legal landscape surrounding Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) communications in this panel discussion. Seasoned experts, including legal professionals with extensive experience, will explore the evolving realm of ESG reporting and governance. Gain insights into the delicate balance between transparency and legal compliance, strategies for mitigating legal risks, and stay informed about the latest regulatory developments. Real-world case studies will provide practical lessons for corporate counsel, ESG officers, compliance professionals, and those involved in ESG reporting, offering a comprehensive understanding of navigating the legal complexities inherent in ESG communications.
Conor Chell, National Leader ESG Legal Risk & Disclosure, KPMG Canada
End of ESG Communications Summit
Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel, Calgary, Canada
110 9th Ave SE, Calgary AB T2G 5A6
Blending elegance, comfort and style, Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel is the perfect destination for business and leisure travel. Find your respite in thoughtfully appointed rooms and suites, featuring deluxe pillowtop bedding, large flat-screen TVs, premium THANN bath amenities and stirring views of the city skyline or the Canadian Rockies. Surround yourself with celebrated attractions, including Scotiabank Saddledome, TELUS Convention Centre, Calgary Tower, Canada Olympic Park and the incredible Calgary Stampede. Celebrate and succeed in 11,000 square feet of sophisticated meeting and event space, including our expansive rooftop patio. After an unforgettable day of business or exploration, refresh in the sparkling waters of our indoor pool, or grab a table at ONE18EMPIRE, featuring creative Canadian cuisine and a stylish whiskey bar. With attentive guest service, a modern fitness centre and exclusive M Club Lounge, our hotel is a stylish sanctuary in the beating heart of downtown Calgary.